Our growing and changing not-for-profit organization is looking for a skilled and passionate Resource Specialist. We need an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who wants to make a difference to the lives of York Region residents. The successful candidate for this role will have a background in volunteer coordination, attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills.
About Routes Connecting Communities Inc.
As York Region based not-for-profit organization, Routes has been dedicated to helping people who are dealing with life challenges get to where they need to go on their journey since 1988. Apart from affordable transportation, Routes also offers a caring conversation along the way. With their network of partners and drivers, Routes helps its clients create a resilient future during turbulent times.
With a passion to make a difference to the lives of York Region residents, the Resource Specialist ensures the systematic and logical process of working with and through volunteers to achieve the organizational objectives as well as to record transactions in a consistent way to help build a financially successful business.
- Develop and execute an innovative volunteer recruitment strategy for the recruitment of volunteer drivers as well as volunteers for office assistance and fundraising events
- Research and implement best practices in volunteer coordination, including the development and implementation of volunteer policies and procedures
- Interview, screen, orient and train successful applicants
- Supervise volunteers as well as trouble shoot issues and resolve conflicts as they arise
- Develop and implement ongoing training support for volunteers
- Develop and implement cost effect recognition strategies
- Organize and lead volunteer driver meetings
- Maintain volunteer information and files
- Identify ways of helping Routes leverage the transit experience through the identification, evaluation and recommendation of new programs and initiatives
- Conduct day-to-day financial data entry responsibilities including recording bank deposits, entering receivables, entering payables, and invoicing
- Follow up with customers in a timely manner when payments are past due
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Support the Executive Director
- Act on behalf of the Executive Director in his/her absence
- Post-secondary education in, volunteer management, non-profit management, social sciences, human resources, community development, or business
- Minimum certificate in volunteer management
- Minimum three years related work experience
- Knowledge of current trends, resources and information related to volunteerism
- Proven experience with launching new programs or initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Good command of English both oral and written
- Excellent working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively
- Flexible; ability to adapt to change
- Familiarity with the not for profit sector in York Region and with Georgina in particular
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A demonstrated a strong work ethic and clear dedication to tasks
- A current, valid “G” driver’s license and access to a car to be used in the course of employment
- Available to be on-call on a rotational basis to support volunteers and respond to emergencies after regular business hours.
- Proficiency in MS Office 365, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint and MS Planner
- Experience with book keeping and book keeping software
This is a full-time (37.5 hrs/wk) position based in Sutton, Ontario. Regular business hours are expected, with occasional evening and weekend work. Compensation includes a comprehensive benefit package.
As part of the application process we require interested applicants to submit a 2/4-minute DIY video of yourself explaining how you can make a difference to the organization. Video recording or editing skills won’t be assessed – passion, commitment, communication skills and initiative will be.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and the link to the video to Danielle Koren, Interim Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2018.
Please know that only candidates submitting all three requirements will be considered.
To learn more about Routes Connecting Communities Inc., please visit www.routescc.org
Routes Connecting Communities Inc. is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Apply for this job Printer friendly version of this ad