Dressing for success
- Always remember to be professional. This means that you should wear something neutral, with solid colors that are coordinated.
- Never show up to an interview wearing something that you would wear out with friends. This means for women, don't over do your makeup, or wear a large amount of jewelry. For men, baseball caps and baggy jeans should never be worn in a professional environment.
- In terms of shoes, do not wear your street shoes or sneakers. Remember that you want to appear as professional as possible, so wearing dress shoes is usually the code for both men and women.
- For women, if you plan on wearing a dress or skirt, remember that you are attending an interview, not going out. Therefore, all dresses and skirts should be longer and not reveal too much skin.
- Both men and women should be neatly groomed with clean nails, tidy hair, and smelling fresh without over doing the perfume and aftershave.
By following these simple rules, you can achieve an appropriate professional look with the wardrobe you currently have. If you are interviewing at several companies, you can mix and match your pieces to create different looks. Although it is essential to look professional, it is also important to be yourself. Have confidence in your professional look and you will always appear dressed - and ready - for success.
The opinions and positions expressed in the above article represent the views of the author and are provided with no legal obligation and liability on the part of either the author or the publisher of this article, and with no implied or stated guarantees. The publisher of this article and the author are exempt from any liability for events resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this article. Copyrights over the article published on this page are owned in full by the article's author. It is prohibited to reproduce this article in parts or in full without the expressed permission of the author.