Using Social Media in Your Job Search
As job seekers continue to search the social web for opportunities, recruiters and hiring managers have adopted social recruiting tactics that have changed the business of hiring. According to the recent Jobvite 2012 Social Recruiting Survey the social recruiting trend is on the rise as recruiters continue to retain higher quality candidates through social networks.
According to the survey, two thirds of companies now recruit via Facebook, over half use Twitter and almost all use LinkedIn!
How to get started:
- Attend a Social Media workshop to learn what it is all about. More than likely, government funded Employment Resource Centres in your area provide this service for free.
- Update your resume to the current standards
- Create a professional LinkedIn profile account with an online resume
- Build your professional connections
- Use social media to research potential employers and connect with decision makers
The opinions and positions expressed in the above article represent the views of the author and are provided with no legal obligation and liability on the part of either the author or the publisher of this article, and with no implied or stated guarantees. The publisher of this article and the author are exempt from any liability for events resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this article. Copyrights over the article published on this page are owned in full by the article's author. It is prohibited to reproduce this article in parts or in full without the expressed permission of the author.