Why are the Holidays a great time to search for work?
Allow me to give you some reasons:
- More than 80% of job seekers stop searching for work -- competition is greatly reduced!
- Many professionals quit this time of year, creating openings
- Companies tie up loose ends before the new year
- Many companies must spend their budget $$$
- Businesses wind down and have more time available to train you
HOLIDAY JOB SEARCH TIPS
- Use the holidays to ''schmooze'' - ask for advice and feedback as opposed to a job
- Send holiday cards to your network of contact with your business card inside
- Create a job search ''to do'' list with at least 1 task or activity every day
- Tap into your network and ask them for 2 more contact names who might be interested in speaking with you
- Take seasonal work over the holidays to meet new people and assist with your bills
Still not convinced?? My husband actually started his new job yesterday ... and I know several others who started their new roles recently...SOLD NOW??
So get out there and connect with your contacts and potential employers -- both of you will be glad you did!
And ... keep focused! ... keep positive! ... and keep learning!
The opinions and positions expressed in the above article represent the views of the author and are provided with no legal obligation and liability on the part of either the author or the publisher of this article, and with no implied or stated guarantees. The publisher of this article and the author are exempt from any liability for events resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this article. Copyrights over the article published on this page are owned in full by the article's author. It is prohibited to reproduce this article in parts or in full without the expressed permission of the author.